President Trump has long prioritized securing the U.S.-Mexico border and putting the safety of American communities first. With over 200 miles of border wall constructed and 450 miles expected by the end of the year, President Trump is keeping his promise.
The Trump Administration’s strong border policies have prevented drugs from coming across the border and reduced illegal immigration:
- Because of the Trump Administration’s swift action, apprehensions at the southern border have decreased by 84 percent compared to the high numbers this time last year. The President also reported illegal crossings from Central America are down 97 percent from last year.
- During 2020 alone, CBP officials seized more than 92,000 pounds of meth, 1,000 pounds of fentanyl, 3,000 pounds of heroin, and 25,000 pounds of cocaine.
- In addition, officers have gained operational control at the border and have arrested and apprehended thousands of criminals including MS-13 gang members.
- This year alone, officers seizednearly 450,000 pounds of drugs, including over 92,000 pounds of meth, over 1,000 pounds of fentanyl, nearly 3,000 pounds of heroin, and almost 25,000 pounds of cocaine.
President Trump’s commitment to enforcing the law prevented a coronavirus catastrophe at our southern border:
- The Trump Administration workedwith Guatemala, El Salvador, and Honduras to prevent overcrowding by swiftly returning illegal immigrants who are not allowed to enter the country.
- Since March, over 41,000 illegal immigrants attempting to cross the southwest border have been expelled to their home country or country of last transit in the interest of public health.
- Under the Administration’s COVID-19 policies, CBP was able to process and return 96% of those encountered in under two hours.
The President knows that walls work. Every single mile of new wall reduces border crime, illegal entry, and drug smuggling. But despite the success of President Trump’s border policies, Joe Biden is campaigning on stopping deportations, handcuffing Border Agents, and encouraging more sanctuary cities.