President Trump has lead the historic effort to roll back job-killing regulations to help all Americans. From day one of his administration, President Trump worked to cut through the mess of bureaucratic red tape Joe Biden helped create over his 47 years as a career politician in Washington. President Trump kept his promise to provide regulatory relief and cut costs for American families and small businesses.
When President Trump came into office he pledged that for every one new regulation added, two regulations would be terminated; but thanks to his executive leadership the administration has far exceeded that goal. For every one regulation added in America, seven have been rolled back and deregulation efforts have reduced regulatory costs by $50 billion alone and are projected to increase household incomes by $3,100 per year.
Let’s explore some of President Trump’s notable deregulatory accomplishments:
- President Trump reversed the Obama Administration’s Waters of the U.S. (WOTUS) rule that threatened American landowners with endless litigation.
- The President replaced Obama’s harmful CAFE fuel efficiency standards for vehicles with the SAFE Vehicles Rule.
- The President fulfilled his promise to revoke Obama’s Clean Power Plan and end the war on coal.
- Trump Administration promoted infrastructure development by implementing the first major updates to the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) in over 40 years.
- President Trump delivered for our American truck drivers by modernizing Hours of Service Rules to maintain safety and increase flexibility for America’s truckers.
- The President eliminated an Obama-era rule that would have banned the incandescent lightbulb.
- The Trump Administration has worked to restore internet freedom, overturning burdensome net neutrality rules.
- The President revised the Labor Department’s Joint Employer Rule – the first update in 60 years.
- President Trump scaled back the expensive Affordable Care Act and expanded access to alternatives such as Association Health Plans and Short-Term Limited-Duration plans.
- President Trump signed an executive order to streamline the regulatory processes and promote active management of America’s forests and rangelands.
Efforts to remove restrictions on prescription drugs and improve internet access are helping the bottom fifth of American households eight times more than the richest fifth. The President replaced numerous harmful Obama-era regulations, like expensive fuel efficiency standards that burdened American families and making cars more affordable for low income Americans. This rule is expected to lower the price of new vehicles by $2,200. Additionally, 20 major deregulatory actions will save American consumers and businesses over $220 billion.
Joe Biden would undo all this great progress, drowning America’s economy in a sea of costly red tape. When Biden was vice president, $872 billion worth of new regulations were imposed on the economy, creating an estimated 583 million hours of paperwork for American workers. Now Biden wants to do it a again with a series of Green New Deal-inspired regulations that would kill hundreds of thousands of jobs, cost tens of billions of dollars in unnecessary costs, and spike families energy bills by double digits.
Deregulation is helping small businesses invest and expand and increasing the competition, productivity, and wages of American workers. President Trump’s executive leadership on regulatory reform has created opportunity and prosperity for Americans everywhere.