Biden has embraced the Green New Deal, with the aim of eradicating carbon pollution from the power sector by 2035 and to achieve net-zero emissions by 2050. It is simply impossible to do this without banning fracking and obliterating our energy sector.
Biden proudly pledged to “sacrifice” blue-collar energy jobs and promised, “no new fracking” in a Biden administration.
Kamala Harris fully endorses this plan. In a CNN Townhall, Harris said unequivocally, “There is no question, I’m in favor of banning fracking.” Harris praised the Green New Deal and its socialist, job-eliminating, everything-banning “principles” as “sound and important.”
Biden’s climate plan will cost taxpayers $2 trillion, and his economic plan would cost $700 billion.
- Biden says he would hike taxes to pay for these plans, smothering the economy in the middle of a comeback.
The Green New Deal is a socialist behemoth that would bring back a heavy-handed government killing American jobs, growth, and prosperity:
- The implementation of the GreenNew Deal could cost as much as $93 trillion; that’s over $650,000 for the average household. To put these astronomical numbers in perspective, the deal would cost our government more in 10 years than it has spent in our nation’s history; or more than the combined GDP of every nation on earth.
- The transition to a low carbon power grid under the Green New Deal would increase electricity costs by 22 percent.
- It’s healthcare proposal would cost $260,000 per household.
- America’s energy industry would be destroyed, our economy would be depleted, and jobs would be lost.
American Energy Production Has Soared Under President Trump
American energy production is soaring to new heights under President Trump’s pro-jobs, pro-national security, and energy independence agenda.
- Under President Trump’s leadership, the United States is the world’s number one producer of oil and natural gas.
- American energy exports reached an all-time high last year, marking the first time in 67 years that our annual gross energy exports exceeded our gross energy imports.
- Crude oil production hit new record highs in 2018 and 2019, leaping past the previous record set in 1970.
- Crude oil production was up 38 percent last year compared to 2016.
- The Trump Administration has increased exports of U.S. liquefied natural gas (LNG) by nearly five-fold.
- President Trump has proven that energy production and environmental stewardship are not mutually exclusive.
- America continues to be a world leader in clean air, including in energy-related CO2 emissions.
- Our Nation’s air quality has improved by 77 percent over the last 50 years, including 7 percent under President Trump.