Joe Biden and his handlers are working around the clock to trick voters into believing that Joe Biden doesn’t actually mean what he says. His “real” policy positions are those laid out on his website or scripted during a speech with a teleprompter.
But the American people are smarter than Team Biden would like to believe. When you have to consistently walk back what your candidate says, voters start to catch on. They know Biden’s true beliefs lie with his unscripted moments.
This is why when Biden reads off a teleprompter, “I am not banning fracking,” we know better.
Here are instances in which Biden has PROMISED to eliminate fracking:
- In July 2019, Biden said when asked about coal and fracking, “We would make sure it’s eliminated and no more subsidies for either one of those, either — any fossil fuel.”
- During CNN’s Climate Townhall in September 2019, Biden said “I would not allow any more [fracking].”
- At the same September 2019 event, Biden said, “I’ve argued against any more oil drilling or gas drilling on federal lands.” and that he would re-examine existing wells.
- At an event in the fall of 2016, Biden told a voter, “I guarantee you we’re going to end fossil fuels.”
- In January 2020, during an exchange with a New Hampshire voter, Biden was asked, “What about, say, stopping fracking?” Biden responded, “Yes! Yes. Exactly.”
- On February 18, 2020, Biden pledged to eliminate fossil fuel jobs.
- During the February 2020 Democratic primary debate, Biden admitted he would sacrifice blue-collar jobs in the name of the Green New Deal.
- In an exchange during the March 2020 debate, Sen. Bernie Sanders said he wanted to stop ‘fracking as soon as we possibly can,” adding he was “talking about telling the fossil fuel industry that they are going to stop destroying this planet—no ifs, buts, and maybes about it.” Biden responded: “So am I.”
- During the same March 2020 debate, Biden clearly stated, “No more, no new fracking.”
- Also during the March 2020 debate, Biden said, “No ability for the oil industry to continue to drill. Period. Ends.”
- In a May 2020 interview with CNBC, Biden said he would stop fracking on federal lands.
So what is the impact of Joe Biden’s pledge to eliminate fracking and fossil fuels?
According to the American Petroleum Institute, a nationwide ban on fracking would kill nearly 6 million jobs and increase household energy costs $4,5000/year.
The Global Energy Institute also estimates that eliminating fracking will result in a $1.6 trillion loss in GDP.
No wonder Biden’s handlers don’t let him out of their sight. At least when he is hiding in his basement, Biden can’t commit the classic Washington crime: telling the truth.
However, no matter the spin, the facts still exist: Joe Biden is going to eliminate fracking.