For 39 years, American presidents have started wars or brought the United States into international armed conflict, but President Donald J. Trump has achieved peace through strength for our country. President Trump is working to end our endless wars, negotiating historic peace deals in the Middle East, and has decimated the ISIS caliphate, leading to a safer and more prosperous America.
Yesterday, President Trump was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize, based on the historic deal he negotiated between Israel and the UAE.
The Abraham Accord is a monumental peace agreement which, after 49 years, Israel and the UAE will fully normalize their diplomatic relations. They will exchange embassies, ambassadors, and begin cooperation on a broad range of areas including tourism, education, health care, trade and security. This is the most significant step towards peace in the Middle East in over two decades.
The Abraham Accord will also allow much greater access to Muslims from throughout the world to visit the historic sites in Israel and peacefully pray at the Al-Aqsa Mosque. More Middle Eastern countries are expected to follow the UAE, meaning the Abraham Accord could inspire change that turns the Middle East into “a region of cooperation and prosperity.”
President Trump’s actions were described as “more… to create peace between nations than most other Peace Prize nominees,” including Barack Obama, who received the prize one year into his presidency despite delivering zero results.
President Trump’s historic list of accomplishments in the Middle East does not stop there:
- President Trump moved the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem.
- He recognized Israel’s sovereignty over the Golan Heights.
- President Trump held Syria responsible for using chemical weapons.
- President Trump destroyed the ISIS caliphate and brought ISIS leader Al-Baghdadi and his deputy to justice, as well as Iranian terrorist Qasem Soleimani.
- He put maximum pressure on Iran and crippled its ability to fund terrorism and proxy wars throughout the region.
- President Trump is also reducing the number of American troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, keeping his promise to bring our soldiers back home.
President Trump continues to deliver huge wins at home while making massive strides towards global peace.