Vice President Mike Pence was the overwhelming winner of last night’s vice presidential debate. Kamala Harris’ far-left agenda was exposed. She refused to answer direct questions like court-packing, dodged questions on what a U.S.-China relationship would look like under a Joe Biden-Harris administration, and was abrasive and condescending.
Vice President Pence clearly articulated the Trump-Pence agenda and successfully argued why the American public should give Donald J. Trump four more years as President of the United States.
Since we can’t rely on the media to fact-check Harris, below are a few of her many mistruths and obfuscations:
FICTION: Harris stated again, Biden-Harris would not end fracking. This just goes against what both Biden and Harris have publicly stated.
FACT: Here are instances in which Biden has PROMISED to eliminate fracking:
- In July 2019, Biden said when asked about coal and fracking, “We would make sure it’s eliminated and no more subsidies for either one of those, either –any fossil fuel.”
- In August 2019, “We are in a position to be completely energy independent by moving to complete, total elimination of fossil fuels by the year 2050.”
- At an event in September 2019, Biden said, “I’ve argued against any more oil drilling or gas drilling on federal lands.” and that he would re-examine existing wells.
- In January 2020, when asked about ending fracking Biden said“Yes.”
- In February 2020, Biden said he would “Phase out fossil fuels.’
- In March of 2020, Biden said“No more. No new fracking. No more drilling on federal lands. No more drilling, including offshore. No ability for the oil industry to continue to drill, Period.”
- Biden said, “I guarantee we are going to end fossil fuel.”
- At a debate when asked if he was comfortable with potentially displacing hundreds of thousands of blue collar workers to implement his ban on fracking, Biden said“Yes”.
- Biden picked a vice presidential nominee who has said she is “in favor of banning fracking.”
- During CNN’s Climate Townhall in September 2019, Biden said “I would not allow any more [fracking].”
- At the same September 2019 event, Biden said, “I’ve argued against any more oil drilling or gas drilling on federal lands.” and that he would re-examine existing wells.
- At an event in the fall of 2016, Biden told a voter, “I guarantee you we’re going to end fossil fuels.”
- During the February 2020 Democratic primary debate, Biden admitted he would sacrifice blue-collar jobs in the name of the Green New Deal.
- In an exchange during the March 2020 debate, Sen. Bernie Sanders said he wanted to stop ‘fracking as soon as we possibly can,” adding he was “talking about telling the fossil fuel industry that they are going to stop destroying this planet—no ifs, buts, and maybes about it.” Biden responded: “So am I.”
- In a May 2020 interview with CNBC, Biden said he would stop fracking on federal lands.
FICTION: A far-left Biden-Harris administration wouldn’t pack the courts.
FACT: So far, both Harris and Biden have refused to reject the idea of court-packing, because the answer is yes they would. Joe Biden has said:
- “It’s a legitimate question, but let me tell you why I’m not going to answer that question,” Biden said in an interview with WBAY-TV in Wisconsin.
- “What I’m not going to do, and I hope you’ll understand, is play the president’s game. He wants to change the subject,” Biden told WRAL-TV in North Carolina. “I’m not gonna get into that.”
- “I know you’re going to be upset with my answer, but … if I were to say yes or no to that, that becomes a big issue. That’s the headline here,” Biden said last weekend.
- Biden’s running mate, Kamala Harris, has also recently refused to answer questions about court-packing despite being willing in the past to ignore historical precedent and add more Justices to the Supreme Court.
FICTION: Harris claimed President Trump called the coronavirus a “hoax.”
FACT: This lie has been debunked by at least eight Fact Checkers:
- The Washington Postgave Biden’s claim 4 Pinocchios for manipulating video to falsely make it appear that President Trump called the coronavirus a “hoax.”
- AP News: “Biden distorts Trump’s words on virus ‘hoax’”
- CNN: “Biden ad misleadingly suggests Trump called Covid-19 a ‘hoax’”
- Politifact: “Biden’s video is inaccurate. We rate it False.”
- org: “Trump said that when he used the word “hoax,” he was referring to Democrats finding fault with his administration’s response to coronavirus, not the virus itself.”
- Check Your Fact: “Trump referred to the alleged ‘politicizing’ of the coronavirus by Democrats as ‘their new hoax.’ He did not refer to the coronavirus itself as a hoax.”
- Lead Stories: “Trump Did NOT Call Coronavirus A ‘Hoax’ Or ‘Political Conspiracy”
- Snopes: “Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax.”
FICTION: Kamala Harris said that if a vaccine is approved by doctors, she will be the first in line, but that she would not get the vaccine if President Trump told Americans to.
FACT: President Trump has worked diligently to deliver a safe and effective coronavirus vaccine for the American people as soon as possible. Multiple public health experts, including Dr. Anthony Fauci, have been saying for months that Operation Warp Speed is free from political interference and that they would take the vaccine as soon as it is ready. Harris claims that she is about “science”, but it’s clear that her irresponsible comments about refusing the vaccine are political. Here’s what the scientists and top health officials are saying:
- Anthony Fauci: “I would not hesitate for a moment to take the vaccine myself and recommend it to my family.”
- Suregon General Jerome Adams: “When there’s a COVID vaccine available, I and my family will be in line to get it.”
- NIH Director Dr. Francis Collins: “The safety and the effectiveness will be not compromised,” the NIH’s Dr. Collins said.
- FDA Commissioner Dr. Hahn: “We will do our job to assess the safety and the efficacy of a vaccine candidate.”
- Deborah Birx: “When the American people…see that the vaccine is safe and effective…they will want to have that vaccine.”
FICTION: Kamala Harris stated that President Trump closed Pandemic Office established by the Obama-Biden administration.
FACT: The group was reorganized within the Trump Administration. The Washington Post: “[T]he [NSC] staff slots did not disappear and at least initially the key mission of team remained a priority. So one can also claim nothing changed and thus Biden’s criticism is overstated.”
- National Security Council official Tim Morrison called the Democrat’s claim “specious.”
- The White House says the NSC remains involved in responding to the coronavirus pandemic. A senior administration official said earlier this month that the NSC’s global health security directorate was absorbed into another division where similar responsibilities still exist, but under different titles. The work of coordinating policy and making sure that decisions made by Trump’s coronavirus task force are implemented is still the job of the NSC.
FICTION: Kamala asserted multiple times that the Trump administration will take away healthcare for people who have underlying conditions.
FACT: President Trump never took health coverage away from Americans who rely on it and has vowed to protect individuals with pre-existing conditions. Under President Trump, the disastrous individual-mandate in Obamacare was repealed to provide Americans with more options. In addition, President Trump signed an Executive Order on An America-First Healthcare Plan that provides, “availability of renewable short-term, limited-duration healthcare plans, providing options that are up to 60 percent cheaper than the least expensive alternatives under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) and are projected to cover 500,000 individuals who would otherwise be uninsured.”
FICTION: Kamala Harris claimed that President Trump was responsible for offshoring hundreds of thousands of American jobs.
FACT: Joe Biden is responsible for the offshoring and elimination of millions of American jobs. Joe Biden supported “The North America Free Trade Agreement” in 1993 but downplayed its significance calling it “vastly overblown” and in terms of “creating jobs or losing jobs,” it would be a wash. This was blatantly false, and middle-class Americans suffered the most with 4.5 million manufacturing jobs disappeared since NAFTA was enacted.
President Trump got rid of the disastrous NAFTA deal that outsourced millions of American jobs and replaced it with USMCA, a better deal for American workers, manufacturers, and farmers that will incite strong economic growth and more jobs. Kamala Harris was one of just ten Senators to vote against USMCA, but Joe Biden admitted it was a good deal.
- The USMCA will reverse the damage done by Biden’s vote for NAFTA and create an estimated 176,000 new American jobs.
- America’s farmers and ranchers will gain greater access to Mexican and Canadian markets, allowing them to sell more goods and increase agricultural exports by an estimated $2.2 billion.
- The modern, state-of-the-art USMCA will also boost blue-collar Americans and small businesses by creating new jobs and increasing wages.
- American manufacturers will receive the “largest percentage gains” in higher wages, new jobs, and greater exports of any industry under the USMCA.
- The deal will create 76,000 new auto jobs, $34 billion in new domestic auto manufacturing investments
FICTION: Harris claimed President Trump lost the trade war to China, Vice President Pence was accurate in his retort back, “Joe Biden never fought it.”
FACT: Under President Trump’s Phase One Trade Agreement with China:
- China is going to increase purchases of U.S. agriculture, energy services, and manufactured goods by $200 billion over two years, compared to a 2017 baseline.
- China has agreed to further open its financial services markets to U.S. banks, credit card companies, and other financial institutions.
- For the first time in any trade agreement, China has agreed to end its long-standing practice of forcing foreign companies to transfer their technology to Chinese companies as a condition for obtaining access to China’s market.
- China also commits to refrain from directing or supporting outbound investments aimed at acquiring foreign technology pursuant to industrial plans that create distortion.
- China agrees to remove so-called non-tariff barriers that have blocked sales of U.S. agriculture and seafood products, including for meat, poultry, seafood, rice, dairy, pet food, and biotechnology.
- The U.S. cuts the tariff rate in half—from 15% to 7.5% on roughly $120 billion in Chinese products, including shoes and apparel.
- A 25% tariff on $250 billion of Chinese goods remains in place.
- The Phase One U.S-China trade deal will allow the United States to swiftly reimpose tariffs if it unilaterally determines that China has broken any of its commitments, White House trade adviser Peter Navarro said.
- Complaints that China has broken its commitments will be brought to Ambassador Robert E. Lighthizer, the U.S. trade representative.
- The complaint that comes before him will be adjudicated within 90 days. If he thinks that hasn’t been addressed properly, we have [the right to impose a proportionate response and the Chinese have promised not to retaliate.
- This contrasts with the World Trade Organization’s dispute settlement system, where complaints can take three years to resolve.
- The phase one agreement begins to address China’s “seven deadly sins”: cyber-intrusions, intellectual property theft, forced technology transfers, dumping, unfair competition from state-owned enterprises, currency manipulation, and fentanyl shipments to United States that have helped fuel the opioid crisis.
FICTION: Harris claimed The 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, which she voted against, led to more countries off-shoring jobs.
FACT: According to the US Treasury Department: “As a result of TCJA, U.S. companies have brought back close to a trillion dollars from overseas. As reported by Bloomberg as recently as June, corporations have brought back $876.8 billion dollars since TCJA was enacted. The TCJA stemmed the tide of corporate tax inversions by substantially reducing incentives for companies to go overseas.” The Council of Economic Advisors confirmed, “since TCJA’s passage, United States multinational enterprises have repatriated $1 trillion in past overseas earnings that were previously invested abroad.”
Additionally, the Treasury Department explains, “Manufacturing has seen a boost – contributing to a #BlueCollarBoom. Since November 2016, the manufacturing sector has added an impressive 524,000 jobs. The National Association of Manufacturers’ survey of the industry hit record levels of confidence under the Trump administration. In November 2019 alone, 54,000 new manufacturing jobs were created.”
FICTION: Harris falsely said American families didn’t benefit from the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
FACT: According to the Senate Finance Committee, a family of four with annual income of $73,000 (median family income) saw a tax cut of more than $2,058, a 58 percent reduction in federal taxes. In fact, 90 percent of households with income between $40,000 and $64,000 saw a tax cut.
FICTION: Harris falsely claimed once again that Joe Biden will not raise taxes on anyone who makes less than $400,000
FACT: Five independent analyses have concluded that Biden would raise taxes on middle-class Americans:
- The Tax Policy Center concluded Biden’s “proposals would increase taxes on average on all income groups.”
- The Tax Foundation concluded Biden’s plan would lead to higher taxes “across all income groups”
- The American Enterprise Institute concluded that “households at every income level” would see higher taxes.
- A Penn Wharton budget model analysis concluded that taxes would go up across all income levels
- The Committee For A Responsible Federal Budget concluded that taxes would go up across all income levels.
FICTION: Kamala claimed the President called the military “losers and suckers.”
FACT: These allegations about what the President said was based on a bogus and discredited Atlantic article filled with unnamed sources. In fact, 21 officials senior White House officials went on the record to refute the reporting, and a White House email proves that a “bad weather call” was the reason for a canceled presidential trip to Aisne-Marne American cemetery in 2018. Further evidence includes FOIA’d Navy records and even John Bolton’s book. Biden did, however, call troops “stupid bastards,” it’s on video.
FICTION: Kamala Harris claimed “Iran deal brought peace to the Middle East.”
FACT: Biden supported the Iran nuclear deal that sent pallets of unmarked cash to the world’s largest state sponsor of terrorism. Per the White House: “In theory, the so-called “Iran deal” was supposed to protect the United States and our allies from the lunacy of an Iranian nuclear bomb, a weapon that will only endanger the survival of the Iranian regime. In fact, the deal allowed Iran to continue enriching uranium and, over time, reach the brink of a nuclear breakout. The deal lifted crippling economic sanctions on Iran in exchange for very weak limits on the regime’s nuclear activity, and no limits at all on its other malign behavior, including its sinister activities in Syria, Yemen, and other places all around the world.”
President Trump has brokered the Abraham Accords, a groundbreaking peace deal between Israel and the United Arab Emirates (UAE), and the most significant step towards peace in the Middle East in over 25 years.
President Trump’s lengthy list of accomplishments in the Middle East is historic. He moved the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem, recognized Israel’s sovereignty over the Golan Heights, held Syria responsible for using chemical weapons, destroyed the ISIS caliphate, brought ISIS leader Al-Baghdadi and his deputy to justice, brought Iranian terrorist Qasem Soleimani to justice, put maximum pressure on Iran and crippled its ability to fund terrorism and proxy wars throughout the region.
President Trump is also reducing the number of American troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, keeping his promise to bring our soldiers back home.
FICTION: Harris once again repeated the Charlottesville hoax, and claimed President Trump has not disavowed racist organizations like the KKK.
FACT: After Charlottesville, President Trump specifically and “totally” condemned “neo-Nazis and white nationalists.” Biden, who honored a former KKK Exalted Cyclops and repeatedly used the N-word, is lying again.
- As CNN’s Jake Tapper has said, President Trump did not call neo-Nazis or white supremacists “very fine people.” Jake Tapper:“Elsewhere in those remarks the President did condemn neo-Nazis and white supremacists. So he’s not saying that the neo-Nazis and white supremacists are very fine people”
- President Trump, August 15, 2017: “I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists — because they should be condemned totally.”
- President Trump has repeatedly and specifically denounced racism, extremism, anti-Semitism, and white supremacists. Here are just a few examples:
- TRUMP: “The anti-Semitic threats targeting our Jewish community and community centers are horrible and are painful and a very sad reminder of the work that still must be done to root out hate and prejudice and evil.” (February 21, 2017)
- TRUMP: “Recent threats targeting Jewish community centers and vandalism of Jewish cemeteries as well as last week’s shooting in Kansas City remind us that while we may be a nation divided on policies, we are a country that stands united in condemning hate and evil in all of its very ugly forms.” (April 11, 2017)
- TRUMP: “We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry, and violence. It has no place in America.” (August 14, 2017)
- TRUMP: “The riots in Charlottesville a year ago resulted in senseless death and division… I condemn all types of racism and acts of violence.” (August 11, 2018)
- TRUMP: “We forcefully condemn the evil of anti-Semitism and hate. It must be defeated.” (April 27, 2019)