President Donald J. Trump was the hands-down winner of last night’s debate, delivering hard truths to Joe Biden and laying out to the American public why he should be re-elected for the next four years. Instead of fact-checking Biden, we’re going to reinforce the president’s message. President Trump has done more in 47 months for the American people than Biden did in 47 years of public service. Biden’s policy proposals are wrong, would devastate our economy, and undo all the progress we’ve made in the last four years. Joe Biden is weak, a career politician, who would sell out America. President Trump is strong, stands up for the American people, and will be re-elected on November 3rd.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: Joe Biden is a corrupt politician.
FACT CHECK: TRUE. Explosive new revelations coming from Hunter Biden’s laptop confirm that Joe Biden lied to the American people when he repeatedly claimed he never discussed or knew anything about his son’s foreign business deals.
In fact, according to emails and documents uncovered on the laptop, the Biden family enriched themselves by leveraging Joe Biden’s position for lucrative foreign business deals, and Joe Biden was in the know about the scheme the entire time.
The Biden family received $3.5 million from the former mayor of Moscow’s wife. For what reason? No one knows.
Bombshell emails obtained by the New York Post, Hunter Biden introduced his father, then-Vice President Joe Biden, to a top executive at a Ukrainian energy firm less than a year before the elder Biden pressured government officials in Ukraine into firing a prosecutor who was investigating the company. (Source)
Joe and Hunter Biden pursued lucrative deals involving China’s largest private energy company — including one that he said would be “interesting for me and my family,” emails obtained by The Post show.
Hunter Biden’s ex-business partner confirmed Joe Biden knew about business dealings. “I have heard Joe Biden say he has never discussed his dealings with Hunter. That is false. I have firsthand knowledge about this because I directly dealt with the Biden family, including Joe Biden,” Bobulinski said.
The US Navy veteran accused former vice president Joe Biden of being directly involved in a plot to make millions of dollars, identifying to him as “the big guy” named in the May 13, 2017 email.
That email showed the four partners each getting 20 percent shares in the business, with 10 percent going to “Jim” and the remaining 10 percent “held by H for the big guy?”
The explosive new revelations coming from Hunter Biden’s laptop confirm that Joe Biden lied to the American people when he repeatedly claimed he never discussed or knew anything about his son’s foreign business deals.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: Joe Biden takes millions of dollars from Wall Street.
FACT CHECK: True. Trump is right: Biden is swimming in Wall Street money. According to the Center for Responsive Politics, Biden has out-raised Trump by nearly 50% from the broader financial sector.
From the narrower “securities and investment” industry, Biden’s advantage is much larger, more than 4-to-1.
Joe Biden’s joint fundraising committees benefited from a wave of big money contributions from finance leaders on Wall Street and across the country during the third quarter. (Source)
PRESIDENT TRUMP: Slammed Joe Biden’s terrible economic agenda, which would cost the average family an estimated $6,500 per year. “[Biden’s] plan is an economic disaster,” he said.
FACT CHECK: True. According to a Hoover Institute study, Joe Biden’s economic agenda will reduce employment by 4.9 million, there will be $2.6 trillion less in GDP, and $1.5 trillion less consumption. Median household income in 2030 would be $6,500 less. The authors write: “While these effects may seem large, they are actually conservative estimates of the negative impact of the full Biden agenda.”
PRESIDENT TRUMP: Condemned Biden’s plan to eliminate America’s oil industry. “Basically, what he’s saying is he is going to destroy the oil industry,” he said.
FACT CHECK: True. Biden has committed himself to a radical Green New Deal-style energy agenda that would decimate the good-paying jobs of over 10 million U.S. fossil fuel workers and leave America at the mercy of foreign energy producers.
Biden has made clear he wants to “end” fossil fuels, saying they would have “no place” in a Biden presidency.
- Biden has told left-wing activists on several occasions that he would “love to make sure we can’t use any oil or gas, period” and that he would “end” and “get rid of” fossil fuels.
- Biden even admitted he would willingly “sacrifice” “hundreds of thousands” of fossil fuel jobs in pursuit of his anti-energy agenda.
- Biden has made clear that hundreds of thousands of fracking jobs would be on the chopping block.
- Biden admitted his anti-energy plan goes “beyond” what even Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has proposed.
Biden’s radical proposal to eliminate oil, gas, and coal from the U.S. power grid by 2035 will have devastating consequences for workers and families across the country:
- Over 3 million American jobs are supported by the oil and gas industry.
- Prior estimates show eliminating oil, gas, and coal from the U.S. energy grid would cost anywhere from$4.5 trillion to $5.7 trillion, with an average cost of $35,000per household.
- Families’ energy bills would spike by as much as $3,900 per year.
It won’t just be oil and gas workers who bear the brunt of Biden’s radical agenda: under Biden’s watch, radical, left-wing activists will have the green light to wipe out pipeline and other energy infrastructure projects, killing the jobs of tens of thousands of union workers.
Under President Trump, the United States is now the largest producer of oil and natural gas. America’s booming domestic energy production resulted in our reliance on oil from OPEC hitting a 30-year-low.
Joe Biden’s radical anti-American energy agenda would jeopardize all this progress for America’s workers and force America to rely on foreign countries for our energy.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: Raising the minimum wage could destroy jobs and hurt American small business.
FACT CHECK: True.
- The Washington Examiner reported: “A new analysis by the fiscally conservative Employment Policies Institute finds that enacting this proposal [mandating a $15 hourly rate in all 50 states] would destroy 2 million jobs by 2027.
- The article also stated: “A research review by the Cato Institute concluded, “The main finding of economic theory and empirical research over the past 70 years is that minimum wage increases tend to reduce employment.”
PRESIDENT TRUMP: Called out the public option which will destroy healthcare and Biden’s plan that will bankrupt Medicare and Social Security.
FACT CHECK: True. Biden’s policies would destroy rural hospitals, putting hundreds of thousands of doctors and care-givers out of work. The public option championed by Joe Biden will kill the private insurance plans held by millions of Americans, a fact that President Obama himself acknowledged in 2009.
Jonathan Gruber, the architect of Obamacare who has now endorsed Joe Biden’s health care plan, once authored multiple studies that confirmed government-run health insurance like the type Biden is proposing drives people off of their private health plans. “If the Democrats are right and the public option is better, then it’ll wipe out the private choice,” Gruber once said. And of course, that’s Democrats’ real goal. “For people out there who like their insurance, they don’t get to keep it?” CNN’s Jake Tapper asked Kamala Harris last year. “Let’s eliminate all of that. Let’s move on,” Harris responded.
If elected, Biden’s health-care plan aims “far beyond” the legacy of Obamacare, expanding the public option to those with employer coverage and giving it free to illegal immigrants, all but ensuring private health care plans and jobs would be destroyed.
Fox News reported: “Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden is proposing to expand Medicare by lowering the eligibility age from 65 to 60. But the program can’t afford the bill for its existing crop of beneficiaries, much less the $100 billion that would be required to enroll 22 million more under Biden’s plan. That’s among the conclusions to draw from a new Congressional Budget Office report. The agency now projects that Medicare’s Part A hospital insurance trust fund will run out of cash in just four years – two years earlier than previous estimates.”
PRESIDENT TRUMP: I bailed out small businesses after coronavirus hit.
FACT CHECK: True. Through the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), President Trump and his administration have kept our workforce strong during the COVID-19 pandemic. The forgivable loans provide small businesses the vital funding they need to stay open and keep employees on the payroll.
Since the launch of PPP loans, over $520 billion in relief has been provided through nearly 5 million loans. This program saved more than 51 million American jobs this year.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: We’re fighting the coronavirus, and we’re fighting it hard.
FACT CHECK: True. President Trump and his administration took the threat of the coronavirus seriously from the beginning, forming the Coronavirus Task Force in January and suspending travel with China, partnering with the private sector to overhaul and expand U.S. testing capacity, securing critical medical equipment, and taking critical steps early on to combat the coronavirus:
- According to Fauci, the Trump Administration “acted very, very early” to combat the spread of the virus and did not delay in putting in place mitigation strategies.
- On February 11, top Biden coronavirus advisor Ron Klainadmittedthe Trump Administration was “far from doing nothing.”
- Even Democrat governors like Andrew Cuomopraisedthe Trump Administration’s response: “What the federal government did, working with states, was a phenomenal accomplishment.”
The Trump Administration has delivered over 267 million face coverings, 82 million gloves, 42 million surgical masks, and 100 million N95 respirators. It partnered with the private sector to successfully launch an unprecedented expansion in coronavirus testing and to secure the U.S. supply chain for critical coronavirus equipment.
President Trump is keeping his promise to develop a vaccine at record speed. He’s launched Operation Warp Speed to guarantee that the American people are first in line for a safe, effective coronavirus vaccine—at no cost—as soon as one is developed.
- The Trump Administration announced a historic deal with Pfizer to secure 100 million doses of a vaccine—with nearly half a billion more to potentially follow—as soon as it is successfully approved and manufactured.
- Multiple coronavirus vaccines are now in their final stages of development—an“impressive” accomplishment, according to NIH Director Dr. Francis Collins.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: “I want to open the schools, the transmittal rate to teachers is small. I want to open the schools and our country…We cannot keep this country closed.
FACT CHECK: True. President Trump has worked tirelessly with doctors, scientists, and experts at the CDC to provide Americans with guidelines on safely re-opening schools.
President Trump is advocating for schools to safely reopen to ensure our Nation’s children receive optimal education and care. While Democrats claim to be all about science, they are ignoring the experts. President Trump’s support for the re-opening of schools is based on science, data, and common sense.
- The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) has called for the safe reopening of schools this fall and for in-person classes to resume, citing how schools reduce a child’s risk of abuse, drug addiction, and suicide.
- The AAP has also found that school closures have a “substantial impact on food security and physical activity for children and families.”
- President Trump has noted that teachers and students who are at increased risk or higher risk can be protected, and if desired, can choose to work from home.
- The unintended consequences of keeping schools closed could damage our children’s education for years to come and hinder our Nation’s economic comeback.
- Cancelling in-person classes and allowing only virtual learning disproportionally harms the education of lower income children.
- During school closures in the spring, students’ math progress in low-income zip codes decreased by roughly 50% and students in middle-income zip codes fell by a third.
- A recent analysis found that if in-person classes don’t resume until January 2021, Hispanic, Black, and low income students will lose 9.2, 10.3, and 12.4 months of learning, respectively.
- Over 90% of children aged 6-17 have at least one employed parent – many of whom will have to stay home and care for their child if schools fail to reopen.
- Peer countries have sufficiently reopened schools to better educate their children, while the United States has fallen behind with continued closures – potentially leaving our country and our children with a competitive disadvantage.
President Trump is ensuring all students and educators the tools and resources they need to continue learning and teaching:
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has provided comprehensive guidelines to schools on how to protect and identify high-risk individuals, prevent the spread of the virus, and conduct safe in-person teaching.
- The President has called for Congress to pass $105 billion – $70 billion of which is for K-12 schools – to provide financial assistance and incentives to help schools implement safety measures in their resumption of in-person classes.
- President Trump is also calling on Congress to pass the School Choice Now Act, which includes his groundbreaking Education Freedom Scholarships proposal, to give students and families the resources and power to select the right education setting for them.
- President Trump delivered $13 billion in funding to states to support K-12 education, which can be used to help schools safely reopen.
- The Trump Administration also applauds many States that have utilized Federal CARES Act Coronavirus Relief Fund dollars to prioritize the safe reopening of schools.
- The Trump Administration is also working on a plan to provide millions of reusable face coverings to States for students, teachers, and staff.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: “This is a massive country with a massive economy. People are losing their jobs, committing suicide, depression, alcohol, drugs at a level nobody has seen before…the cure cannot be worse than the problem itself.”
FACT CHECK: True.
- NEW YORK POST: “The head of a California hospital’s trauma team says his area has seen more death from lockdown suicides than from the pandemic itself. ‘We’ve never seen numbers like this, in such a short period of time,’ Dr. Mike deBoisblanc of John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek, just outside of Oakland, told ABC7 of the apparent mental health crisis.”
- WASHINGTON POST: “Three months into the coronavirus pandemic, the country is on the verge of another health crisis, with daily doses of death, isolation, and fear generating widespread psychological trauma. Federal agencies and experts warn that a historic wave of mental-health problems is approaching: depression, substance abuse, post-traumatic stress disorder, and suicide.”
- CNN: “As many as 75,000 Americans could die because of drug or alcohol misuse and suicide as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, according to an analysis conducted by the national public health group Well Being Trust.”
PRESIDENT TRUMP: No one has done more for the Black community than I have.
FACT CHECK: True. Before the coronavirus, President Trump built up a historic American economy with pro-growth, pro-jobs, and pro-America policies. Americans across the country were able to reap the benefits of our nation’s booming economy and a massive number of jobs created. President Trump built the “best African American job market on record.” Black wages were finally growing after years of stagnation on Biden’s watch, and Black poverty and unemployment hit record lows while Black business owners were “feeling the boom.”
Americans should be wary; Joe Biden is not the man who will bring our economy roaring back. Biden’s opposition to reopening the economy is hurting black-owned businesses. There has been a 41% decline among Black-owned businesses since the lockdowns began, yet some Democrat-run states are taking directions from Biden and keeping lockdowns in place. For those residents, the recovery will be “especially painful.”
President Trump has worked tirelessly to promote opportunities and prosperity for disadvantaged and minority communities, establishing Opportunity Zones to incentivize long-term investments in low-income communities across the country. As of the end of 2019, Opportunity Zones have attracted over $75B in investments for underserved communities, and the CEA estimates it will create at least 500K new jobs.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: Biden was the architect of mass incarceration.
FACT CHECK: True. Senator Cory Booker was right when he called Joe Biden the “architect of mass incarceration.” Joe Biden hasn’t just stoked America’s racial divisions over the course of his decades in Washington – he wrote laws that disproportionately imprisoned Black Americans.
President Trump has worked to resolve and amend the consequences of horrendous criminal justice legislation backed by Biden. President Trump signed the historic First Step Act to create a fairer justice system and safer communities. The First Step Act enacted programs to promote successful re-entry into society, which reduces recidivism, makes our communities safer and provides Americans a second chance.
The President reformed outdated sentencing policies that failed Americans for decades. Since the First Step Act was signed into law, 90 percent of those who have had their sentences reduced are African American. President Trump has also promoted second chance hiring to make sure all Americans have the opportunity to succeed and seize the American dream.
President Trump has made supporting HBCUs a priority of his administration. He’s signed legislation to provide permanent funding for Historically Black Colleges and Universities. This legislation will provide more than $250 million in funding each year to HBCUs.
Biden’s history of praising segregationists and pushing laws that mass incarcerated Black Americans, his record with African Americans is abysmal. Biden worked with segregationist Strom Thurmond to pass laws incarcerating Black Americans for crack cocaine possession; he voted to protect the tax-exempt status of segregated schools; he praised the civility of segregationists (then refused to apologize for it when confronted by Black Democrats like Cory Booker), and he authored the 1994 crime bill that made him the “architect of mass incarceration. ”
President Trump is undoing the damage Biden caused and delivering results on criminal justice reform, safe policing, and real economic opportunities for Black Americans, while Biden is struggling to explain four decades of betrayal, calamity, and failure.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: The Biden-Obama Administration is responsible for separating children and putting them in cages.
FACT CHECK: True.
- According to the Associated Press: “The reference to cages is misleading and a matter that Democrats have persistently distorted. Trump used facilities that were built during the Obama-Biden administration to house children at the border. They are chain-link enclosures inside border facilities where migrants were temporarily housed, separated by sex and age … At the height of the controversy over Trump’s zero-tolerance policy at the border, photos that circulated online of children in the enclosures generated great anger. But those photos — by The Associated Press — were taken in 2014 and depicted some of the thousands of unaccompanied children held by President Barack Obama.”
- NPR 2014 headline: “Child Detention Centers: A ‘Headache’ For The Obama Administration”
- As Obama-Biden DHS SecretaryJeh Johnson said last year, “Chain link barriers, partitions, fences, cages, whatever you want to call them, were not invented on January 20, 2017, OK?”
- Two days afterthese photos were taken in 2014, Joe Biden said he was “proud” of the conditions at border facilities. “If they’re good enough for our military,” Biden said then, “they’re good enough for these young people.”
PRESIDENT TRUMP: Wants to help DREAMERS and put them on a path to citizenship.
FACT CHECK: True. President Trump proposed offering a pathway to citizenship for 1.8 million DREAMERS and undocumented immigrants as part of the government funding bill in 2018, but Democrats blocked that bill.
- THE WALL STREET JOURNAL EDITORIAL BOARD: “Democrats rejected Donald Trump’s compromise on immigration even before it was offered on Saturday, and that by itself should be instructive for the American public. Do Democrats want a deal to reopen the government and offer new security for more than a million immigrants, or do they want to use them as pawns against Mr. Trump?”
- THE WASHINGTON POST EDITORIAL BOARD: “There should be room to talk about the amount of money; how border security will be defined and enhanced; which categories of dreamers and TPS beneficiaries are covered; what their legal status will be, and for how long. But to refuse even to talk until the government reopens does no favors to sidelined federal workers and contractors.”
- In July of 2020, President Trump said that in the future he will sign an Executive Order that will include a “road to citizenship” for recipients of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: NATO’s never paid more than they have under my administration.
FACT CHECK: True. President Trump has successfully urged North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) members to increase their defense spending and to focus on modern priorities. President Trump strongly supports NATO but wants all NATO members to make their full and proper financial contribution to the NATO alliance, which many of them had not been doing. Now, 9 NATO countries are meeting their 2% spending obligations.