President Trump’s reelection campaign is focused around one theme: Promises made, promises kept.
He’s one of the only presidents in recent history to actually do what he said he was going to do.
Let’s take a look at four years of historic accomplishments.
BUILDING ECONOMIC PROSPERITY
- Created the world’s greatest economy, which is quickly rebounding after the interruption caused by the coronavirus.
- Secured historic tax cuts, which provided a boost for American families and workers and putting American businesses on a level playing field.
- Created Opportunity Zones to bring new prosperity and opportunity to forgotten communities.
- Restored American manufacturing, implementing policies to bring back supply chains from overseas.
- Far exceeded the promise to cut two regulations for every new one, removing harmful regulations that stifled American businesses.
- Ended the Obama Administration’s war on coal as promised, rolling back the so-called Clean Power Plan, WOTUS, stream protection rule, and other overregulation.
- Replaced the Obama Administration’s disastrous CAFE standards that hurt America’s auto industry and fulfilled the promise to roll back burdensome Dodd-Frank provisions.
LIFTING UP AMERICAN WORKERS AND FAMILIES
- Implemented and promoted policies to support working families, including releasing the first presidential budget in history to include a national paid family leave plan.
- Invested in workforce development to ensure American workers are prepared to gain high-paying, family-supporting jobs.
- Promoted school choice to ensure that all families have the freedom to choose the best educational option for their children.
ACHIEVING FAIR AND BALANCED TRADE
- Withdrew from the Trans-Pacific Partnership to protect American workers and industries.
- Negotiated trade deals that put the American people first, securing monumental new or revised deals with Canada, Mexico, South Korea, Japan, and others.
- Placed tariffs on hundreds of billions worth of Chinese goods to confront China’s decades of trade abuses that hurt American farmers and shipped American jobs overseas.
- Put in place tariffs on foreign steel undermining critical American industries.
UNLEASHING AMERICAN ENERGY
- Implemented a pro-energy agenda that has led to American energy dominance, with record oil and natural gas production and expanded energy exports.
- Followed through on the promise to approve new pipelines, including the Keystone and Dakota Access pipelines.
- Withdrew from the one-sided Paris agreement that would have cost the American people billions of dollars and jeopardized American jobs.
PROTECTING OUR NATION
- Secured historic investments in our defense to rebuild our military and provided our troops the largest military pay raise in a decade.
- Defeated 100% of ISIS’ territorial caliphate in Iraq and Syria and brought brutal terrorist leaders to justice, including ISIS’ leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.
- Restored American leadership in space and established the Space Force as the sixth branch of the Armed Forces.
- Took action to ensure America leads the way on the technologies of the future like AI and 5G.
RESTORING AMERICAN LEADERSHIP AND PROMOTING PEACE
- Ended the disastrous, one-sided Iran deal and re-imposed crippling sanctions on the corrupt regime.
- Stood firmly with our ally Israel and followed through on the pledge to move the American embassy to Jerusalem.
- Brokered historic peace agreements to normalize relations between Israel and the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, and Sudan, with many more expected to follow.
- Released a bold vision for peace and prosperity in the Middle East.
- Successfully urged our NATO allies to increase their defense spending to meet their obligations.
- Confronted the oppressive and corrupt Cuban regime by reversing the Obama administration’s disastrous Cuba appeasement policy.
- Led historic diplomatic efforts with North Korea.
SECURING OUR BORDERS
- Fulfilling the promise to build a new border wall, with hundreds of miles of wall built already and more to come.
- Took action to end the outdated catch and release policies fueling the crisis at our border.
- Put in place policies to create a fairer, more merit-based immigration system that protects American workers.
- Prosecuted a record number of immigration-related crimes, cracked down on sanctuary cities, and enhanced vetting of individuals entering our country.
- Enacted travel restrictions to protect the American homeland, upheld by the Supreme Court.
- Strengthened our efforts to prevent deadly drugs from flooding across our borders and destroying American communities.
PROMOTING LAW AND ORDER
- Worked to restore safety to American cities and communities, took action to combat violent crime, and reinstated the Federal death penalty.
- Launched a whole-of-government effort to combat the opioid crisis and cracked down on illicit fentanyl being brought in from China and Mexico.
- Stood with America’s law enforcement officials, providing them with surplus DoD equipment to keep them safe.
- Enacted historic criminal justice reform to reverse unfair sentencing laws, reduce recidivism, and keep our communities safe.
EXPANDING CHOICE AND FREEDOM IN HEALTHCARE
- Ended the burdensome Obama-era individual mandate penalty.
- Empowered patients by expanding lower-cost coverage options such as AHPs and short-term plans.
- Took action to safeguard and strengthen Medicare for seniors and reduced Medicare Advantage and Medicare Part D premiums.
- Took action to protect American patients by lowering drug prices, including working to stop Americans from paying far more than patients in other countries.
- Unequivocally promised to always protect those with pre-existing conditions.
SUPPORTING OUR VETERANS
- Enacted historic reforms at the VA to ensure our veterans get the care they deserve.
- Followed through on the promise to deliver accountability to the VA and created a 24-7 White House hotline to assist veterans in need.
- Under President Trump’s leadership, VA satisfaction has risen to record highs.
UPHOLDING THE SANCTITY OF LIFE
- Defended life by preventing taxpayer dollars from funding the abortion industry.
- Reinstated and expanded the Mexico City Policy.
- Took action to end Federal research using fetal tissue.
- Protected Americans’ religious liberty and conscience rights.
RESHAPING THE FEDERAL JUDICIARY
- Appointed a record number of circuit court judges, who are committed to upholding the rule of law and the Constitution.
- Appointed three Supreme Court justices to uphold the Constitution as written.