The oil and natural gas industry is a crucial component of America’s economy and an even more vital aspect of Pennsylvania’s economy.
This industry supports a myriad of jobs, including petroleum engineers, environmental experts, caterers, contractors, truck drivers, rig hands, and countless others. Not only do these jobs help support the industry’s economic impact, but they are pivotal facet to the economy as a whole.
The American Petroleum Institute (API) released a study dictating just how paramount the oil and natural gas industry is for Pennsylvania’s economy:
- It supports nearly 322,600 jobs.
- 106,200 Natural Gas and Oil Jobs
- 118,000 Services Jobs
- 30,900 Wholesale and Retail Jobs
- 14,200 Manufacturing Jobs
- 4,900 Construction Jobs
- 12,100 Transportation and Warehousing Jobs
- 36,300 Other Jobs
- It provides nearly $23 Billion in wages.
- Its value-added economic impact reaches nearly $44.5 Billion.
To read the full report, click here.