Joe Biden and the radical Democrats puppeteering his campaign are rallying for proposals that would initiate a complete government takeover of the American healthcare system and completely eliminate private health care options for consumers in the midst of a nationwide pandemic. Moreover, Biden’s policies would destroy rural hospitals, putting hundreds of thousands of doctors and care-givers out of work.
The public option championed by Joe Biden will kill the private insurance plans held by millions of Americans, a fact that President Obama himself acknowledged in 2009.
Jonathan Gruber, the architect of Obamacare who has now endorsed Joe Biden’s health care plan, once authored multiple studies that confirmed government-run health insurance like the type Biden is proposing drives people off of their private health plans.
- “If the Democrats are right and the public option is better, then it’ll wipe out the private choice,” Gruber once said. And of course, that’s Democrats’ real goal. “For people out there who like their insurance, they don’t get to keep it?” CNN’s Jake Tapper asked Kamala Harris last year. “Let’s eliminate all of that. Let’s move on,” Harris responded.
If elected, Biden’s health-care plan aims “far beyond” the legacy of Obamacare, expanding the public option to those with employer coverage and giving it free to illegal immigrants, all but ensuring private health care plans and jobs would be destroyed.
- Already, under Obamacare premiums escalated “an average of 25 percent across the 39 states served by the federally run online market.
President Trump has taken action to eliminate the individual mandate penalty under Obamacare, expand Association Health Plans, and extend short-term, limited-duration insurance plans.
- The Council of Economic Advisers (CEA) expects that these actions alonewill create $435 billion in net benefits for consumers and taxpayers over the next 10 years.
- Efforts by the Administration have led to the first ever declineof average benchmark premiums on the federal healthcare exchange.
- However, Biden has pledged to bring back the unpopular individual mandate tax, disproportionately taxing lower-income families.
Biden’s plan also threatens to shut down many rural hospitals, which are often the largest employers for Americans who live in rural areas, and who are now combatting the coronavirus.
President Trump is the only candidate in the race who will actually protect the privately-held health plans of millions of Americans from the schemes of the radical left.
- The Trump Administration has approved generic drugs at historic rates, saving patients $26 billion in the first 19 months of the President’s first term alone.
- For the first time in 51 years, during the Trump Administration, prescription drugs prices went down. In contrast, during his eight years as vice president, Biden failed to achieve any significant reforms in prescription drug pricing.
Instead of taking action when he had the chance, Biden caved to the pharmaceutical industry, striking a secret deal to protect big drug manufacturers in exchange for a $150 million advertising campaign from the industry to sell Obamacare. In return, the Obama-Biden Administration assured there would no “structural reform” of drug pricing under the law.
- As The New York Times reported at the time, Obama and Biden “cut a closed-door deal with a powerful lobby, signifying to disillusioned liberal supporters a loss of innocence, or perhaps even the triumph of cynicism.”
Since day one President Trump’s priority has been providing Americans with high quality health care at low costs while protecting those with pre-existing conditions.
While the Trump Administration already succeeded in enacting reforms to lower health premiums across the board, Joe Biden is campaigning on new health care taxes and a radical health care takeover that will cancel plans and cause premiums to skyrocket for middle class families. Not to mention lead to hundreds of thousands of jobs lost.